For over forty years, Fantasy Junction has specialized in the sale of classic, high performance, and historically significant cars, from barn finds to show winners. Our network, experience, location, and reputation can help obtain full market value for your collectible automobile. Fantasy Junction buys and consigns single cars or entire collections. While selling your car to us puts money in your hand immediately, consigning usually results in a higher net figure for your car.
Tell us about your car by filling out this form to begin the consignment process, or to have one of us at Fantasy Junction help to assess the potential market value.
Feel free to call us at +1 510 653 7555 or CONTACT US to start a discussion about your specialty automobile.
Consigning your vehicle eliminates the headaches associated with the phone calls, emails, inspections, shipping, and paperwork required for private party sales. We are experts—this is what we do for a living. In order to achieve maximum value for a car, we encourage the seller to bring or ship everything they want the next owner to have. Specifically, all receipts outlining cosmetic and mechanical work, documents providing information on ownership history, newsletter or magazine articles, spare parts, tools, service books and owner’s manuals. These items are extremely helpful to us and undoubtedly add value in the eyes of the buyer. The seller keeps the original title, but Fantasy Junction will need a photocopy of the title and proof of insurance if applicable. Fantasy Junction has a liability policy to cover the consignor and Fantasy Junction, but does not carry comprehensive coverage on the cars for theft, fire, collision or other damages. The seller should leave their policy in force until the car is fully paid for.
Here’s an overview of the Fantasy Junction process:
1) Detailing: we detail the car inside and out, including undercarriage.
2) Photography: we comprehensively photograph the car (100+ photos), including underside, spare parts, and any extras.
3) Description: we write a thorough description including the specifics of the car’s history and current condition.
4) Website: the car gets a dedicated page on our website to display the photos and description.
5) Email: the same information is sent out to our email list of thousands of recipients.
6) Advertising: this information is also placed in print and online ads in publications such as Hemmings, Classic Driver, Sports Car Market, and many others.
7) Inquiries and Offers: we field any inbound inquiries about the car, show the car to prospective interested parties, facilitate pre-purchase inspections, and negotiate offers.
8) Paperwork: we handle the paperwork to complete the deal, including complex transactions such as part trades and exports. For California sales, we go to the DMV on behalf of the buyer so all they need to do is await the new title and registration if applicable.
Fantasy Junction charges a percentage of the sale price that varies based on the car’s value. Over and above this percentage, we charge $1,000 at the car’s arrival to cover detailing, photography, ad copy, and the first three months of advertisements and storage. After the initial three months, we charge a flat fee of $250 per month. Individual arrangements can be tailored for your specific car.
In contrast, selling your car though one of the major auction houses will ultimately cost 10% on BOTH the buyer's (12% in some cases) and seller’s sides. Therefore, the seller only realizes about 80% of what the buyer actually paid for the car.
Fantasy Junction regularly imports and exports cars to and from Canada, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, South and Central America, New Zealand, and Australia. We are located 3 miles from the Port of Oakland, and would be happy, with advance notice, to deliver or pick up cars from the Port of Oakland free of charge. Sample shipping costs to our location in Northern California are as follows:
From the East coast by truck: $2000-2300 (Enclosed trailer), From Los Angeles by truck $550-$650, From Seattle by truck $900-$1100
To/From the Port of Oakland to/from the main ports of Western Europe by sea: $1500- $2300USD depending on shipper and service requested. Destination charges unloading, duty, and insurance are usually extra.
Fantasy Junction has ongoing requests for the following cars: